Saturday, May 8, 2010

Proper Intro




I never really gave the GP a proper introduction. A few years back I became convinced that I could not find the board I wanted here on the Oregon coast, so I started searching classifieds in Cali to find the log I desired. I figure I might as well make a trip out of it. I emailed the GP guys and told them I'd be driving down from Portland. They said, in disbelief "OK dude but thats a super far drive. Show up here Saturday morning and we'll have the board ready for you". I saddled up the rig, grabbed a surf buddy and boogied down the I-5 on a Friday after work. I skipped out of work about thirty minutes early. They were asking why I had to leave at 330 to which I replied "gotta go down to Santa Cruz". So we drove, took a couple hour nap, strolled into Capitola about 8 AM. Met Nick P and Thomas (GP rider) and picked up the board, surfed half a day on it, napped, surfed again then hit the road. They gave me 100 bucks off for being a nutty PDX kook.

1 comment:

twin said...

ooooh......lovely.