Friday, August 31, 2007

Burrrr..I like it.


I managed to get in the water last night and damn was it cold, but there were only a few surfers so it was worth it. I'm willing to part with warmth if it means empty waves. A few weeks back surfers up and down the Oregon coast were trunking it in waist high waves. It felt like California, and looked like it too. It seems that the sport (if you call it that) has been growing exponentially around here, perhaps it's from various media coverage or good waves. I dont know anyone who enjoys surfing crowds, and in comparison to California, we have serene empty breaks. I recently took a surf trip southward and was fairly disgusted with the surf scene there. I mean, it wasn't too bad, but so different from Oregon and Washington that it helped me appreciate what we have here in the NW--empty breaks. And understandably, many want to keep it that way. (I stole the above photo, like many others. It's what I do. Get over it.)

No comments: